Rumayya holds Master of Regional Development from University of Queensland and Ph.D. in Economics from University of Western Australia. He was former president of AIPSA (Association of Indonesian Postgraduate Students and Scholars in Australia) and active member of IRSA (Indonesian Regional Science Association).
Rumayya is a full-time lecturer at Faculty of Economic and Business, Airlangga University. He also has many years of experience as a consultant for central and local government (provincial and district).
Research and Publications
- The Local Economy and Re-election of Incumbent District Leaders in Indonesia, Heliyon, 6(5):e04098, 2020.
- Political Connections and Stock Price Crash Risk: Empirical Evidence from the Fall of Suharto, Journal of Financial Studies, 7(3): 49, 2019
- Village Government Corruption in Decentralized Indonesia: Democracy, Ethnic Diversity and Budget Authority, Journal of Developing Economics, 1: 33-41, 2016
- Electoral Accountability of Local Government in Decentralized Indonesia: Does Economy Matters?Regional Development in Indonesia: Some Notes for the Jokowi Government, IRSA Book Series on Regional Development No. 13, p. 23, 2015
- Indonesia – The Rise of Metropolitan Regions: Towards Inclusive and Sustainable Regional Development, World Bank, 2012
- East Java Growth Diagnostic: Identifying the Constraints to Inclusive Growth in Indonesia’s Second-Largest Province, World Bank, 2011
- Analysis of Policy Constraints onn the Furniture Industry: Case Study in East Java and Central Java, SNADA – Competitiveness Program USAID, 2007
- Is There Any Expenditure Competition Among Local Government in East Java, Jurnal Ekonomi Indonesia, 2, 2006.